Newly renovated hotels
Former Trump Hotel is now The JW Marriott Panama. Situated along the shores of Punta Pacifica, this luxury hotel is an iconic hotel in the tallest building in Central America. Indulge in the comfort of their 369 spacious Deluxe Rooms adorned with plunging bathtubs, opulent decor inspired by its coastline. This hotel features 16,845 sq. ft of indoor Meeting Space, 4 Restaurants and Lounges, Full-Service Spa, Fitness Center, and an infinity pool.
New tour options
The Rainforest Tree Trek. In the middle of Panama’s rainforest is where the Canopy tour takes place. Live the experience! This Rainforest Tree Trek offers a wide variety of activities and attractions to the delight of explorers and adventurers with an ecological spirit that assures you the best holiday full of fun and exciting experiences surrounded by a spectacular view. Our travelers will have the opportunity to enjoy first-hand the humid tropical forest and the best service focused on the satisfaction of our visitors. The Tree Trek is an exciting adventure that allows customers to rise to the treetops through a series of cables, enjoying the wonders of nature from an incredible (and completely safe) point of view.
Glide over the treetops of the tropical forest and admire the most incredible collection of natural landscapes that line the Panama Canal and Soberania National Park. Enjoy a different view of the Panama Canal and the Chagres River over 1.4 kilometers of extension divided into ten cables and 13 platforms. As you glide through the trees, you will face an unknown world and a fascinating life perspective that you never thought would exist for you.
Taboga Beach Experience. Taboga is one hour and thirty-minute sailing time through the Panama Canal Anchorage with spectacular views of the Skyscrapers, Cinta Costera, Causeway, America’s Bridge, and the ships waiting to cross the Panama Canal. Taboga is a volcanic island in the Gulf of Panama that is also known as «The Island of The Flowers.» After our first stop, we will transfer the guests in local «Pangas» to the main island beach where they will be greeted by the guides, who will take them in groups for a short walking Tour. They will learn about the fascinating history of the island during Pirate times, who used it as their base of operations for, World War II, and the island ecosystem. This tour also includes a visit to San Pedro church, which is the second oldest church in Latin America and built in the year 1524.
Did You Know?
- Panama is one the Best Holiday Destination for 2020. https://www.cntraveller.com/gallery/best-holiday-destinations-2020
- Panama is the country with the highest growth in Latin America in the last 25 years.
- Old Panama City turned 500 years of its foundation on August 15, 1519. Panama City was the first city founded by the Spaniards on the Pacific side. Today its ruins are a historical monument where we can make a spectacular event. Let one of our event organizers advise you on the planning of your next welcome or closing event.
- We can Meet & Greet your VIP’s right outside the plane gate.
- Non-stop service from over 18 North American gateway cities.
- You can do Scuba Dive in two oceans in the same day.
- You can travel to any city in Latin America with a Free Stop Over in Panama with Copa Airlines.
- Panama National Dress “La Pollera” cost over US$30,000.00
Recipe from Panama
Sancocho, this is our traditional dish. This is the flavor of Panama. Originally from Azuero Peninsula. Usually combine with rice. Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp. culantro, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 lbs. ñame root*, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
*Ñame Root: Name is creamy or yellow in color while its skin can be light brown, dark brown, or tan. Its flavor is somewhat nutty with a slightly chewy texture like a potato. Extremely versatile, Name can be baked, boiled, steamed, scalloped, fried or creamed.
In a small bowl, mix the salt, culantro, oregano, garlic, and olive oil. Rub the mix all over the chicken and let it marinate for 10 minutes. In the meantime, peel and chop the ñame and the onion. Set aside. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Place the chicken in the pot, place a lid on it, and let it sweat for about 7 minutes. Add the onion and the chicken stock. Bring the soup to a boil and then let it simmer over medium low heat until the chicken is cooked through and soft. Raise the heat to medium and add the ñame. Bring the pot to a gentle simmer and cook until the ñame is cooked through.
Q: ¿What is the most powerful eagle in the world?
A: The Harpy Eagle is the most powerful eagle in the world, and it is also Panama’s National Bird. This eagle wingspan length 2 meter or 6.5 feet.
Source: Panama Tourism Authority